Thursday, September 13, 2012

Mt Pleasent IOWA

Wow What a great time we all had.  I met allot of interesting people.  Allot of great stories about rug weavers and stories.  Some man is going to email me a pickle recipe.   mmmmmmmmm wonder were that is LOL!

We got allot of complements on our rug weaving n rugs.  THANKS.  Also been told I'm the youngest rug weaver they have ever seen. 
                                            Getting Ready to OPEN FOR BUSINESS





Me weaving  This is my Baby loom for demonstrating
                                                           I weave coasters on this one. 
ULLMAN 4 harness 4 peddle loom

Tying Knots Good thing there is only 40 strings

Loading the Loom

getting ready to weave


ending a coater



This is my wonderful Husband NICK Who will fix these looms for me


This is what was left besides table runners n place mats
We had a really great time

So I need to get my rear end to work So I'm short on this post

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I have the same loom I disassembled and took pictures of. The pics are gone. Can you possible take picture that would help me reassemble my loom? your help would be appreciated. Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. My great great gramma was a rug weaver in Iowa in 1880. Your pictures give me an idea of what she was doing.

    ReplyDelete